Tuesday 16 October 2007

Snail Superwoman

The torrents of rain we have been suffering here in Wellington have had numerous side effects. My car smells like a wet sock. I have a collection of five pairs of wet trainers gathered at work, sitting by my heater. Daylight savings has allowed us to enjoy the long, light evenings. From inside.


Luckily there seem to be some enjoying the endless water. And noone loves the damp more than my favourite one footed friend, the snail. I have been spending an inordinate amount of time relocating these rather adventurous gastropoda from the most bizarre of locations. One almost met an ugly end on our work's automatic door. I guess it is only a matter of time until the slugs start rearing their heads. Somehow something is a whole lot uglier without a shell...

I vaguely remember it being sunny for an hour or so, yesterday morning. Thank god that passed. I was almost feeling somewhat uplifted for a while there. Phew. Back to a nationwide cloud of depression.

No comments: