Tuesday 20 May 2008

Goodbye Winter


I bought this get up in Toronto, November of last year. At the time I was romanticising about wearing a mountain of ice blue fluff in the depths of an English winter. But it never really got cold enough here in London for me to dig out my matching scarf, hat and mitten set.
So now I find myself pulling them out of my top drawer and stashing them away in a dusty cupboard, along with thermal underwear and possum fur socks, in the hope that I might wear them next winter.

3 comments:

Special K said...

How terrible for you that you are saying goodbye to winter - not! As I sit here in Shivery Towers wondering with a little desperation where my fingerless mitts have gone, I have little sympathy for you. Honestly, I have never been so cold as waiting for the number six bus to Kensal Rise outside Hanleys on Regent Street on a London February evening. Or this morning as I got up to Harper's dulcit wails. I am tempted to go back to work early just to be warm during the day. Brrrrrrrrr.

Nomadic Emma said...

Hmm.. attempting to muster sympathy but not having much luck. When you have tens of e mails coming through everyday for weeks telling you about NZ's amazing 'once in a decade' summer and how it is 'oh so hot', as you go to and from work in the dark, struggling to shower in a house with no central heating.. When it is snowing outside. Besides - I haven't had summer for 14 months. Nope - I deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Don't believe them Ems - its bloody feezing here in Welling-town!!! Ness xx