Tuesday 30 June 2009

5 things to smile about today

1. I smiled today when on the tube, after a sharp break from the driver, a woman fell into the arms of the man standing next to her. I've heard of people meeting that way. Unfortunately neither of them took the incident as a window of opportunity.

2. I smile now remembering that I have only worn a short sleeved shirt all day. I love summer. Even when said shirt stuck to my chair, I was still in love with summer.

3. Someone asked me this morning who the photos on my work mug were of, which I was drinking tea from at the time. Pointing out my favourite shot of my beautiful oldest niece - I smiled.

4. I smiled to myself when I could share with work colleagues the peanut brownies my mum lovingly baked, wrapped and posted to the other side of the world for me.

5. I smiled and thanked my wonderful housemate after she listened to me describe my awful day, blow by blow. A crappy day shared, is a crappy day halved.

No comments: