Wednesday 30 September 2009

A ticket to ride


I have travelled solo to many places. But every time I have been somewhere, I have been in a little way accompanied.

My passport has been with me across borders and through airports; together we've taken boats, planes, rickshaws and tuk-tuks.



But after almost ten years together it is nearly time to say goodbye. My passport has officially 14 more days to live before I finally lay it to rest, after a something of a hard but fulfilling life.

It is probably a good thing that I get a new one. Firstly because the photo is right up there with the worst ever taken in the history of passports, but also because I'm increasingly getting funny looks at customs when they struggle to find a spare page to stamp.





If ever there was a suspicious passport filled with visas from Laos, India, Russia, Mongolia, China, India, Vietnam, Japan and so on, it is mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope passport and owner enjoy their final trip together!