Tuesday 13 April 2010

Repressing bridge urges

Every morning I make my way across Blackfriars bridge, towards my place of work.

Apart from spending my bridge time concentrating on not getting mown down by determined commuters, I spend most of my crossing trying to repress the urge to throw the entire contents of my pockets over the side, and jump over after it.

Don't get me wrong: life is good. It is just that I always get the strangest urge at high places to either jump off or throw precious things over the side.

I like to call it quirky not weird...

3 comments:

big sis said...

I think that's a Bramwell trait - I spend most of my time as a passenger in cars resisting the urge to throw my wallet out the window x

Nomadic Emma said...

Oh yes - I get that one as well..

Anonymous said...

i get the jumping off bridges thing too especially if I'm on the ferry. someone told me it's a kind of vertigo