Saturday 30 July 2011

A time of change

Right now there is change in warm summer air. It seems to be all around me.

At home we're losing one of the Franconia ladies to North London; a soul I've lived with for three years now. My confidant, counsellor, source of hilarity, and number one chocolate brownie taste tester. So it's time to look for a new Franconia friend to fill the existing bright red and fabulous shoes of Eloise.

Outside of these four walls as well, change permeates everything.

Friends are at varying stages of pregnancy and birth; engagements are doing the round again; 'save the date's for 2012 are landing; new jobs, new careers, new countries to live in.

I don't know if it's just because I'm standing still watching the world, that I see what a rate it's passing at right now.

I stand there, on the corner of the Earth, fists clenched, eyes screwed shut, wishing everything would just stop for a moment. Just enough time for me to catch up with it.

3 comments:

Susie said...

Life is a funny old thing with how everything stays the same for some years & then all of a sudden every one is living town or something similar. I've always found it a tad unsettling!

Nicki Natter said...

To be a spectator watching all the craziness happen around you can be very valuable, it is great to leap off the treadmill of life occasionally and then tentatively get back on when you have your direction, balance and headspace back to level.

Nomadic Emma said...

Wise words ladies. Nicki, you're absolutely right, everyone needs to 'get off' life for a bit sometimes to just reassess.