Monday 9 April 2012

Stop and smell the magnolias


Last year I spent a whole lot of time thinking. Way too much thinking.

What country/ city/ borough should I live in? What career/ masters topic/ company should I choose? The thinking was all-consuming.

So this year I decided to stop. No more planning, wondering, musing, or pondering. Instead, I'm doing a whole lot more living.

These days there's room in my head for appreciating what's happening around me, right this very minute (like magnolias). And it's great.

2 comments:

Susie said...

That sounds like a very nice thing.

Magnolias are such rotund flowers appreciating them will take up all that new space quickly. Then there won't be any room for worrying about where to live or what to study because your head will be filled with the delight of their pink and white petals and cinnamon-like scent.

Nomadic Emma said...

Don't you think that magnolias look like funny little tea cups, the way they sit up on their branches? Just like they're poised delicately on the end of a little, old lady's armchair.