Sunday 18 November 2012

Okonomiyaki, tonight.

This food has so many memories for me.

Night after night in Japan, we'd frequent our local, with it's cheese and corn combo. It was one of the first restaurants I went to in Suzu. I took my family there when they visited, had my farewell party there; and went back both times I found myself in Suzu again.

Now every time I'm back in New Zealand, we cook up a batch of Okonomiyaki on the barbecue.


Fortunately even in times when you don't have cheese and corn 100 metres down the road, it's only a matter of a few stops on the Northern Line away.

6 comments:

Susie said...

yum. Is that kewpie mayo drizzled on top?
if so i would like to come to yours when you cook these up on the bbq

Nomadic Emma said...

Yes it is! That stuff is better than life itself.

Consider yourself invited for a kewpie fest.

big sis said...

Come home soon! we even have a bbq at Tirangi Heights now (grown up)

Susie said...

YUM!! i would love to come to that fest!

Susie said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od2YWgQmeo4&feature=results_video

Nomadic Emma said...

That dog looks so disinterested!

Not like these dogs....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVwlMVYqMu4