Sunday 10 February 2008

My Talented Mum

Look at how amazing my mum is.

She crafted this dress especially for my friend's gorgeous little girl Madeleine.
The smocking is beautiful and she did it all by hand.

The craftiest thing I have done of late is to paint my nails. And even that I made a mess of.


I worry a lot about our generation. Maybe I should take up a craft. Then I would have less time to worry about the dramatic loss of traditions, culture and history we face with every passing day.....

4 comments:

Bramwell said...

check out ezi-hotness in the new glasses! I can feel a vision defect coming on ...

Special K said...

I've seen you knit. It was a wonder to behold.

We just saw an item on Campbell Live about Waitangi Day celebrations in London. Please tell me you didn't go to parliament square wearing a hat that dispenses beer ...

Nomadic Emma said...

I did not wear a hat that dispensed beer. I did however 'attend' you could say. It was part of my anthropological study on patriotism and what characterises a NZer. The verdict? Very, very dire indeed.

Anonymous said...

OMG, i love your mum's smocking!!! seeing it is almost as good as the striped scarves and tailored suits!?!!??? xxxxx

p.s. LOVE your glasses.. very sexy secretary!!!