Friday 8 February 2008

The Northern Line's Incredible Friday Phenomenon

I just witnessed an incredible phenomenon. So amazing in fact, I just had to write about it straight away.

My entire carriage this morning, was made up of ridiculously good-looking men. 'Why?' I hear you ask. I have no answer for you. Perhaps they were all on their way to a Calvin Klein casting.

There I stood, surrounded, sardine-like. Immediately I started thinking about what the collective noun for group of good looking men might be. (a 'smooth' of men, 'a scarf' of men, a 'lust' of men......) So there I was, surrounded by a lust of men all minding their own business while I stood aghast. Even more amazing, was that they just kept getting on. Until there was simply no more room.

As I (sadly) alighted the tube, I actually managed to hook one of these beautiful specimens. With the cord of my Ipod headphones. Unfortunately I had to throw him back before the closing doors got me.

You can bet I will be taking the 8.05:34 Northern Line tube via Bank from Stockwell next week too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh, the wonderful men of London, in their tailored suits and striped scarves.... how i miss them!!!

Bramwell said...

hee hee that's fonny x

Nicki Natter said...

mmmmmmm thanks for the visual images...

Anonymous said...

Well Dave's term for a collective group of women is a "pod of boobies". So there! xx Ness

PS Happy Birthday and sorry for being a crap friend and not emailing. I suck. But I WAS thinking of you, especially on Waitangi Day when we were sitting on the deck of our new pad in the beautiful sunshine overlooking the harbour and drinking champers. Miss ya!