Monday 23 March 2009

My new neighbours


Every morning I follow the same path through my neighbourhood, towards the tube station.
When the snow melted, I discovered these tiny beings had been hitting their heads on the frozen ceiling for days.



For the last six or so weeks I have been witness to this miniature village of daffodils staking claim underneath the comforting arms of a tree which has seen more seasons than these little bulbs can possibly imagine.





Slowly but surely, just as the days stretched out at both morning and night; this little army of daffodils, one by one opened their eyes, blinked a few times, then proceeded to grin cheekily for the rest of the season.



Their toes planted firmly in the dirt, they spent the spring hanging out with the squirrels, by my house.
Thanks for coming guys. It is nice to have you around.




No comments: