Saturday 18 July 2009

It's curtains

My housemate and I stood in front of our shower curtain the other night, pondering its future. We had just been to see a potential new home, which we had both fallen in love with.

The only downside being that where there might be a shower curtain, there is a door instead.

Our shower curtain is a slightly cartoon-like map of the world. Because of its positioning, I wash my hair staring at all the islands off the Canadian mainland; as I step out of the shower / bath I get a good look at Africa.

Late last night my friend Rachel and I spent a good ten minutes in front of the curtain, talking of swimming with hippos in Africa, and there being too much daylight in Iceland.

Sometimes I look at the curtain and am amazed. I was born at the end of the bath, by the products we don't use very often. Now I live up by the sponges that hang from the shower head.

I'll miss my daily travels around the world. I was just starting to get a grip of African geography.

No comments: