Thursday 16 September 2010

Religious affairs

The Pope's in town. Well almost anyway.

Transport for London emailed to let me know that the Popemobile may cause disruption to my travel plans over the next few days. Pope's entourage will be a man down after one of his aides said that landing at Heathrow airport was like entering a third world country. And apparently he wasn't talking about how long it takes for your luggage to come out, or even the fact that you have to queue at immigration for about as long as it took you to fly there.

In other religious news this week, I discovered I'm Catholic. Well, sort of. I was christened at the Pahiatua Roman Catholic Church a few days before my first birthday. Now I vaguely thought I had been christened, as I'm sure I've seen the photos before. But I for some reason, I didn't think it was at a Catholic Church.

Religion is a funny thing. And a pretty touchy one, as we know now more than ever. It's not something I've ever really been into, hence not knowing my allocated faith until three days ago. But I have no problem at all with other people believing.

It's typical, however, that I would end up with an association to the particular branch of religion which I have such strong doubts about. I'm wondering if I should try and get some time with the Pope, now I have a vested interest in his wacky policies. But then I remember I'm a woman, and so probably have very little sway.

Right, that's enough religious commentary for this blog.

3 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

The Pope made an ass of himself when he visited Africa - I suggest you kick him in the seat of the pants until he enjoys it.

big sis said...

just because you were christened a catholic doesn't mean you are one! religion is a choice - which you make, not some old fulla dripping water on your head while you impress your sibling with your lung-power!

Nomadic Emma said...

I know that silly! Of course I'm not actually Catholic. I probably couldn't be much further from it. Still, it was an interesting fact to discover.