Wednesday 9 May 2012

Oh the things I've seen


I've seen some interesting sights in the four days I've been in Accra.

Here's a collection:


 It's a three day miracle explosion at the Accra Sports Stadium. How did I manage to miss that?




'Christ Cares' - the divine choice for all your photocopying, printing and binding needs

  • The two guys walking down the road each with a huge bundle of remote controls on their shoulders
  •  The women with huge stainless steel trays of peanuts in shells, stacked in a perfect pyramid, beautifully balanced on their heads as they weave between the cars at traffic lights
  • (not really a sight but...) listening to Louis Armstrong's 'what a wonderful world' whilst tearing down the highway in my taxi with shiny, spiky, Ben Hur-esque hub caps
  • The guy at the traffic lights who tried to sell me a TV aerial with a cheeky smile on his face. Actually considering the state of the home entertainment at Franconia, perhaps I should have taken him up on it.
  •  The 'God is Great Chop House' which I saw next to the Nurses and Midwives Council building this afternoon
 
 

No comments: