Tuesday 3 February 2009

The right to reside


And so after seven months of fighting for it, I have it in my hands. A visa which says I can stay here.
I almost bounded over the counter and kissed the woman at the High Commission when she handed it to me. But they had a plastic screen up, I guess specifically to stop over-excited recipients like me pawing the staff.
It feels pretty good I have to say. Now I can happily get on with the business of living, not constantly living under a rain cloud of doubt about where I will be in a few months time. 2009 really starts now.

1 comment:

Foo said...

Congrats Emma! I know you have been stressing about this for ages and really glad it came through for you. I had some very distressing times with my visa just before I left NZ - literally getting it in my hands two days before leaving. Stress times :-(