Thursday 14 January 2010

2009 - the debrief

I'm stealing a bunch of questions from a very excellent blogger because I liked the idea of a 2009 executive summary. Then I'll fold the year up and pop it at the back of a drawer somewhere.

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?

Watched the first Indiana Jones film; swam in the Atlantic Ocean; cooked a nine course dinner; read Lord of the Rings

2. What countries did you visit?

Netherlands, New Zealand, USA, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Ireland

3. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

Job security

4. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

The morning I woke up to discover I had a new niece. And promptly burst into tears.

5. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

This

6. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Just a gammy knee and a cold that gave me a jazz singer voice for a week.

7. What was the best thing you bought?

Probably Hazel, my new netbook. She's great.

8. Whose behaviour merited celebration?

My sister Nicki, and friend Rachel who both had their baby count double, and both stayed standing; My housemate Elly, for being her super strong self; a bunch of people I work with for being amazingly resilient

9. Where did most of your money go?

See question two

10. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Moving from our slum into our beautiful, magical house; getting my new UK visa

11. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Nice stuff for other people; some random acts of kindness; patchwork and other crafting; preserving of food; writing

12. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Making people redundant

13. What did you want and get?

A new house and a new job; a Leatherman Wave

14. What did you want and not get?

My Coastal Skipper's; the usual end to world hunger and war

15. Did you keep your new year's resolutions and did you make any for 2010?

Yes, I think I was marginally nicer to that very annoying woman. Well done me.

2010 = more studying, more crafting, more cooking, more saving, less spending.

No comments: