Thursday 7 January 2010

'Head out on the highway....'

I'm off on a road trip. Just me, Dad's car (thanks Dad!), my ipod, and Jennifer. She is the woman that lives inside the GPS and will help me find my way from place to place.
Today I'm driving from Masterton, an hour and a half north of Wellington (southern yellow city on the map) and home of the Bramwell Ranch to Raglan, two hours south of Auckland (northern yellow city on map).
On my first leg, I'm planning on seeing: a few active volcanoes, a lot of forest, and a giant carrot. I was disappointed to hear there are no other 'giant things' on my route. Jennifer and I will probably be on the road for about seven hours today. Hopefully she doesn't start to annoy me.
Tomorrow is the day of the wedding. I have to say, I'm very excited to be going to a wedding where footwear is optional. After the celebration, I'm going to see where the wind (and Jennifer) take me for a couple of days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

enjoy your drive Em! i love driving up north! did my 1st solo 6hr trip this summer, perfect!!

see you soooo soon too! yay!

oh, and big-up's on the lamb roast! i'm loving being a meat-eater again! small quantities, but yum!! xxoxox