Saturday 6 February 2010

I don't know if I've ever felt as lucky as I did this past Thursday.

From the very start of the day to the absolute finish, I had reminders from all different directions about how wonderful the people in my life are.

Toasting the day with champagne at breakfast; a singing voice mail from Switzerland; homemade cakes and cards at work; krispy kremes with my new team; talk with Mum and Dad; and finally, at the end of the day, coming home to a house filled with wonderful people who had gone out of their way to make my day as special as possible.

And so, we sat around the table, laughed, ate and drank until the late hours. And I thought to myself that surely there was no better way to celebrate thirty years of life, than this.

3 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

I like happy humans. They usually get on very well with gorillas.

Nicki Natter said...

I'm glad you had a great day sis!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Em’s! Glad your day went wonderfully! Was thinking of you! There's a little bit of NZ whisking its way over the seas to you! hugs xoxox k