Sunday 21 February 2010

Rain's Sunday morning chorus

Sometimes I love to wake up to the sharp sound of rain on my window. As I press my eyelids apart I can see the water sliding its way down the slanted skylight, almost within reach from my bed. It is as if I could stretch out and feel the drops on my skin.

It is the days like today, when I know that there's no getting up to go to work to be had; that my day will be filled with books and endless cups of tea; extended breakfast conversations in the kitchen, examining our spring bulbs and commenting on their last week's growth; yes, days like today that it is good to hear the rain.

Maybe I'll venture out later on, but for the moment I'm very content to lie here and listen to the Sunday morning fingernails of rain drum on my window as I'm wrapped in the warm, comforting hands of my duvet.

1 comment:

Nicki Natter said...

ohhhhhh that sounds devine...