Monday 24 December 2007

Chrimbo in London-town




I have realised that a quick scan of my last couple of blogs would give you the impression that London and I are not getting along. This is far from the truth.

In fact, we are having a full-blown, passionate, love affair. I have fallen for this great city. If I was a cartoon character I would be flat on my face, features messed into the cobble stones. That is how hard I have fallen for her.





This city has a thousand sides to her personality. Any spare hour I have, I spend it walking her streets, soaking up each and every side of her.

We have had fudge and a flat white at the Borough Markets; walked amongst the fire-like xmas lights in a foggy Hyde Park; drunk endless pots of Earl Grey next to Clapham Common; whiled away an afternoon with Picasso, Monet and Pollock at the Tate Modern; and every day that we are at work, in the afternoon winter light, across the Thames, we can see Tower Bridge bathed in pink.







No comments: