Tuesday 26 May 2009

52 Shots - #20



The second bank holiday in May truly signals the beginning of BBQ season with temperatures breaking into the mid to high 20s on all three days.

On Saturday, all over London people dusted off their sunscreen and their Frisbees and take to the parks en masse. And so the BBQ police also came out of hibernation. As a gang of fluorescent vest-wearing law enforcement officers they traipse about the parks and commons, attempting to both figuratively and literally dampen the fun. But despite the health and safety legislation, a very good time is had by all.

On Sunday I find myself at a gourmet backyard BBQ, where one after the other, tasty dishes are rolled out in front of me. With a mushroom and blue cheese burger in hand, Corona next to my fold-out chair, surrounded by charming people and a newly pruned spring garden, I quietly think to myself there is nowhere else I would rather be now than right here.

No comments: