Saturday 1 August 2009

'9 whilst I'm still 29' progress report

If my maths is correct (and there is sometimes doubt around this) then in three days time, I will be six months from 30.

That will also mean that I'm one third of the way through my quest. I'm not, however, one third of the way through my list.

I have completely ticked one off - my dinner party. Of the others:

1. Marathon - Less than two months away from the race but training is going well

2. Nine books - Am onto the third book of my list although it is 'Lord of the Rings' which is so huge my edition comes in three parts. I'm approaching the end of the first.

3. Quilt - I am in no way any closer to producing a patchwork quilt, however I did deliberately leave this until winter and I do have a craft night crew all lined up

4. Coastal Skipper - As of last weekend I'm now qualified to operate a short range VHF radio. My, that was a cracking course. What is cool though, is that I know the entire 'phonetic alphabet' (alpha, bravo, Zulu...) so I could actually audition for 'The Bill'. Aside from fun with radios, I still haven't even seen the ocean, let alone furled a sail

5. Climb a mountain - plans for a weekend to climb Mount Snowdon were scuttled when we realised just how far away Western Wales actually is. With winter approaching I really must construct a mountain plan

6. Write something - no tangible progress. Although I do now have the tool with which I will write this 'something' in the form of a wonderful new netbook

7. 9 random acts of kindness - I need to put some thought into this otherwise I'm going to end up having to be really ridiculously kind for all of the 3rd of February as I've only done one thus far

8. Ditto on the '9 things that take me out of my comfort zone'. Must try harder to be less comfortable

All reasonable suggestions for the final two would be most appreciated. I obviously quite like my comfort zone and am actually not as kind as I initially thought. Hence the difficulty in coming up with ideas.

4 comments:

big sis said...

I actually think leaving all the random acts of kindness until Feb 3rd is a great idea ... haha

Nicki Natter said...

Buy a homeless person a meal.

Phoebe said...

Phoebe's 'Random acts of kindness'and/or 'Out of comfort zone' things to do list....

1. Give a bunch of flowers to a bus driver, thanking them for their contribution to our public services.
2. Busk in Covent Garden for an hour on a Saturday.
3. Invite a homeless person for coffee at a nearby cafe.
4. Go clothes shopping and ask the assistant if they stock 'extra medium'(!).
5. Wear really short shorts.
6. Wear a completely fabulously crazy colourful outfit for a day.
7. Clean the entire house for your flatmates and put sweet smelling flowers in their rooms.
8. Compile a playlist for someone who you know digs a certain kind of music and burn it on to a CD.
9. Give a homeless person a lovely warm sweater and a packet of cigarettes.
10. Send me your street address!! :)

Foo said...

Give a homeless person a lovely warm sweater, a coffee and some nicotine patches...but I would say that ;-)