Friday 14 August 2009

Weather

I found myself in the middle of a massive mid-summer's rainstorm the other day. Not even two steps out of work and the heavens opened their worst upon me.

It was one of those moments when all you can do is laugh as the water bounces frantically off the pavement and the waterline rapidly moves its way up your legs.

I got all three quid's worth out of my umbrella in the space of about 60 seconds as I made my way across Blackfriars Bridge. People sheltered their faces with the London Lite; one woman carefully used the skeleton of what was once a functioning umbrella in an attempt to keep the worst of it off; and men in sheeny black suits, and women in now inappropriate white shirts simply succumbed to the downpour.

It was one of those rare moments where you can share smiles and laughter with strangers, despite everyone getting rapidly more soaked by the second.

No comments: